Banyan Water is a high growth IoT start-up revolutionizing the way enterprise commercial customers monitor, manage, and mitigate water risk and cost. We call it total water management for the built environment. We are venture backed and growing. Our customer base includes Fortune 500 and leading real estate companies.
Banyan Water has an immediate opening for a Business Development Associate in Austin, TX. This position is critical to the success of our early-stage start-up and we are seeking a dedicated team member who is innovative, tenacious, and passionate about achieving results in this space. A successful candidate will have a track record of successfully identifying sales opportunities in the software space. Day-to-day responsibilities include developing new account prospects and supporting the sales team.
This role requires a confident and professional self-starter, a good listener, someone who is comfortable interfacing with senior-level leadership, and is aggressive in finding and closing business. Proven success navigating complex sales and generating proposals in a start-up environment is critical.
- Generate prospective commercial customers through cold calling & delivering Banyan’s value proposition
- Engage customers in qualitative discussion around water usage & cost to determine the value that Banyan would provide
- Schedule customer meetings and presentations for Banyan’s Sales Directors
- Close sales (pilots and expansions to existing customers)
- Maintain current knowledge of market conditions and competitors’ activities
- Analyzing customer water data to understand a company’s water management needs
- B.A or B.S. degree, preferably in Business, Engineering, or other technical study
- Previous sales experience calling commercial customers
- Proven success of meeting and exceeding sales metrics
- Experience utilizing CRM tools (e.g., Salesforce) for sales tracking and management
- Self-motivated and extremely goal-oriented
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to develop strong customer relationships
- A proven track record of meeting and exceeding sales quotas
- An inherent hunter mentality and lead generation expertise
- Experience working in an early phase start-up
If interested, please send your Resume and Cover Letter to email@example.com! No recruiters please!