This position is located in Austin, Texas.
- Deliver complex, high-impact projects
- Operate and mentor the team day-to-day and be hands-on in project management and sprint planning
- Serve as lead software engineer continuously looking at new technologies and using the right tool or language to get the best results
- Drive company, software product, hardware product, and team objectives, carrying your team and relevant stakeholders along in the decision-making
- Deliver risk assessment, management, and identifying mitigation associated with ongoing operations and planned releases.
- Responsibility for the Platform Operations, 24/7 Technical Operations, and Cloud Engineering functions which include cost management and identifies alternative approaches for cost reduction
- Defines changes to system architecture to improve system performance and scale.
- Collaborate with software product peers to develop and guide implementation of software projects that deliver value to customers and partners
- Lead multi-year technology strategies that support the company mission
- Ensure major architectural decisions and technology choices support future possibilities for the company and mitigate critical risks related to engineering and technology
- Attend sprint planning, and backlog grooming meetings and provide prioritization guidance
- Maintain accountability for progress on multiple engineering deliverables and systems
- Communicate project progress to stakeholders (all-hands share-outs, etc)
- Collaborate closely with software product, hardware product, sales, and operations teams to develop roadmaps and manage priorities
- At least 6 years of experience delivering high quality technology software products
- B.S. in Computer Science, software engineering, or similar advanced technical degree preferred
- Previous experience building start-ups
- Clear and persuasive communication of complex technical information to a broad audience, including executives, product managers, and non-technical colleagues, and a commitment to fostering and growing cross-team relationships
- Passion for and interest in developing, coaching, and supporting engineers
- Previous experience in energy efficiency, data, analytics, or smart buildings/metering a plus
If interested, please email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. No recruiters please!