Banyan Water has an immediate opening for an Engineering Manager to lead Banyan’s software and hardware team. This position requires hands-on leadership and mentorship in an Agile environment. This role will work closely with the Product Management team, making individual contributions with technical tool sets on modern cloud hosting systems. Experience with embedded hardware and IoT systems is a plus. We are looking for a technologist that is agnostic from a tooling standpoint and who is looking at new technologies and using the right tool or language to get the best results. You will be responsible for the quality of the team’s day-to-day work and the execution of delivering the long-term technology roadmap for our company. This is a high impact role reporting to the CEO, and you will help Banyan grow by setting our technology direction, nurturing a small but mighty engineering team, and helping to nurture and grow our core business.
This position is located in Austin, Texas.
- Deliver complex, high-impact projects
- Operate and mentor the team day-to-day and be hands-on in project management and sprint planning
- Drive company, software product, hardware product, and team objectives, carrying your team and relevant stakeholders along in the decision-making
- Deliver risk assessment, management, and identifying mitigation associated with ongoing operations and planned releases.
- Responsibility for the Platform Operations, 24/7 Technical Operations, and Cloud Engineering functions which include cost management and identifies alternative approaches for cost reduction
- Defines changes to system architecture to improve system performance and scale.
- Collaborate with software product peers to develop and guide implementation of software projects that deliver value to customers and partners
- Lead multi-year technology strategies that support the company mission
- Ensure major architectural decisions and technology choices support future possibilities for the company and mitigate critical risks related to engineering and technology
- Attend sprint planning, and backlog grooming meetings and provide prioritization guidance
- Maintain accountability for progress on multiple engineering deliverables and systems
- Communicate project progress to stakeholders (all-hands share-outs, etc)
- Collaborate closely with software product, hardware product, sales, and operations teams to develop roadmaps and manage priorities
- Serve as lead software engineer continuously looking at new technologies and using the right tool or language to get the best results
- Professional experience maintaining cloud infrastructure
- At least 6 years of experience delivering high quality technology software products
- B.S. in Computer Science, software engineering, or similar advanced technical degree preferred
- Previous experience building start-ups
- Clear and persuasive communication of complex technical information to a broad audience, including executives, product managers, and non-technical colleagues, and a commitment to fostering and growing cross-team relationships
- Passion for and interest in developing, coaching, and supporting engineers
- Previous experience in energy efficiency, data, analytics, or smart buildings/metering a plus
If interested, please email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. No recruiters please!