Banyan Water is on a mission to use technology to help businesses save water. We’re a small company that’s found product market fit and profitability, but are still hungry to scale. We’re building our technology team to help imagine and build new features and product offerings for our industry leading water management platform, Banyan Water Central.
We like small teams, fast iteration, and communicating with our users as often as possible. We value urgency in making decisions, a sense of playfulness, and a spirit of purpose in our mission to save water. We have an established and stable tech stack, but are tool ambivalent and in a continuous process of innovating new features while maintaining the existing.
The Engineering team is looking for a Full Stack Developer with interest in building scalable software solutions and applied data analysis. This team member would work with a small pod to implement server side logic for automation, help maintain existing features, and to drive the direction of our technology’s backend. We’re looking for a self-starting Developer with an interest in growing with our mission-minded company.
An ideal candidate would have a passion for optimizing systems at scale, solving problems with software, and sustainability as it relates to natural resources. They would be excited and informed about full stack development, data analysis, and frameworks for developing APIs. They would have an established track record in server side software development. They would be technologists at heart that believe in the value of automation and data analysis. Some preference would be given to candidates who could occasionally attend working sessions or meetings (when appropriately safe and with proper precautions) in our Austin, TX office, but we’re flexible to remote work for time zones within the continental United States.
Our software is critical to monitoring and controlling millions of gallons of water a day. With so much control over a physical resource, a strong sense of responsibility for your work, and a willingness to conduct thorough QA for other team mates are requirements for this position.
Preferred Skills and Background:
- 3 years of experience building cloud software solutions
- Experience with maintaining server side logic for websites and/or APIs
- Experience with MVC framework(s)
- Familiarity with network protocols
- Interest and familiarity with writing software for data analysis
- Willingness to work with existing backend toolsets (.NET framework in C# with SQL Server datastore)
- Experience with software architecture
- Familiarity with cybersecurity concepts
Secondary Preferred Skills and Background:
- A technology focused bachelor degree, but we’re interested in candidates with diverse backgrounds and experiences
- Experience with data science algorithms and concepts (data cleaning, feature engineering, etc.)
- Experience with mobile development
- Experience in water-focused industries like irrigation, energy production, water utility management, or agriculture is a plus
- Competitive health, dental, and vision plans
- Competitive compensation package for the Austin area
- Flexible remote work policy
- Input to product direction in a small team oriented around results
- Meaningful mission to save water at a large scale
- Work with other accomplished and talented technologists to improve our world
If interested, please email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. No recruiters please!