Banyan Water is on a mission to use technology to help businesses save water. We’re a small company that’s found product market fit and profitability, but are still hungry to scale. We’re building our technology team to help imagine and build new features and product offerings for our industry leading water management platform, Banyan Water Central.
We like small teams, fast iteration, and communicating with our users as often as possible. We value urgency in making decisions, a sense of playfulness, and a spirit of purpose in our mission to save water. We have an established and stable tech stack, but are tool ambivalent and in a continuous process of innovating new features while maintaining the existing.
The Engineering team is looking for a Junior Hardware Engineer with expertise in developing hardware and embedded firmware. This team member would work with a small pod to implement changes at the device level, while driving the direction of our technology’s future. We’re looking for a self-starter with an interest in growing with our mission-minded company.
An ideal candidate would have a passion for hardware troubleshooting, solving problems with technology, and sustainability as it relates to natural resources. They would be excited and informed about embedded firmware, and connectivity technology. They would have an established track record in deploying a firmware stack. Some preference would be given to candidates who could occasionally attend working sessions or meetings in our Austin, TX office, but we’re flexible to remote work for time zones within the continental United States.
Our hardware systems comprise a network that is critical to monitoring and controlling millions of gallons of water a day. With so much control over a physical resource, a strong sense of responsibility for your work, and a willingness to conduct thorough QA for other teammates are requirements for this position.
The job is located in Austin, TX.
Preferred Skills and Background:
- 3 years of experience with hardware, embedded, and troubleshooting
- Meaningful contributions to a functional hardware product or device
- Ability to solve hardware problems by using best practices
- Understanding of firmware to use PWM, UART, SPI, and Low-Power practices
- Willingness to develop and support legacy implementations
- Experience with industry standard communication protocols
Secondary Preferred Skills and Background:
- Proficiency in the C programming language
- A technology focused bachelor degree, but we’re interested in candidates with diverse backgrounds and experiences
- Experience in using a scope and multimeter for troubleshooting
- Experience or knowledge of wireless systems including cellular
- Experience or knowledge of electrical engineering
- Experience in water-focused industries like irrigation, energy production, water utility management, solar, or agriculture is a plus
- Competitive health, dental, and vision plans
- Competitive compensation package for the Austin area
- Flexible remote work policy with some office time required
- Input to product direction in a small team oriented around results
- Meaningful mission to save water at a large scale
- Work with other accomplished and talented technologists to improve our world
If interested, please email a resume and cover letter to [email protected]. No recruiters please!