Banyan Water is a high growth IoT start-up revolutionizing the way enterprise commercial customers monitor, manage, and mitigate water risk and cost. We call it total water management for the built environment. We are venture backed and growing. Our customer base includes Fortune 500 and leading real estate companies. We are seeking an Embedded Systems Engineer to assist in the development and deployment of innovative IoT solutions to water conservation challenges. The ideal candidate is a maker with an entrepreneurial spirit and a passion for all things IoT.
The job is located in Austin, TX.
- Design, Prototype, Code, Manufacture, Test, and support IoT devices
- Perform Root Cause Analysis on hardware and software issues and provide solutions to increase IoT network reliability
- Manage refurbishment of returned and damaged hardware
- Assist company with operational tasks
- Provide technical assistance to sales team
- Travel as required to support a national IoT network.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or similar or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years experience
- Experience with hardware
- Experience with part selection, electronic design, schematic capture, and PCB layout (Eagle or KiCad a plus)
- Experience with embedded system design, development, and testing (C)
- Experience with bench equipment and hardware debugging (Oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, etc)
- Highly motivated self starter who can be highly productive in an independent startup environment
- Experience with Python and web technologies
- Experience with TI MSP430 development
- Experience with flowmeters and solenoid valve applications
- Health insurance
- Flexible schedule
Job Type: Full-time
Please apply by emailing your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org